HOMEBUYERS ACTUALLY PAY MORE BUYING AN OLD HOUSE!
The old houses people buy usually require extensive repairs.
We've listed, below, possible repair requirements and the approximate cost per line item for a middle sized home, between 1,600 – 1,800 sq. ft of living area.
The buyer may feel they want to repair it all, but the reality is that soon they will watch their budget and probably repair a lot less than they originally thought they would.
- Maintenance preparing job for painting ~ $2,500
- Exterior and interior paint ~ $3,500
- Change flooring ( carpet, laminate, tile, vinyl) ~ $10,400
- Trimmer repairing (including handles and door locks) ~ $2,000
- Kitchen and bath cabinets, counter tops ~ $10,000
- Change showers, bathtubs, fixtures, toilets, sinks, mirrors, lights ~ $7,000
- Kitchen appliances ~ $3,000
- New light fixtures, fans, outlets, switches ~ $1,500
- Garage remote controls and repairs ~ $1,000
- Air condition unit ~ $3,000
- Air Handler ~ $1,000
- Air duct maintenance ~ $1,500
- Change roof insulation ~ $ 3,500
- Pest Control and bond ~ $ 1,500
- Replace grass + landscaping ~ $6,500
Total homebuyer’s out-of-pocket possible repair cost: $55,000 - $60,000 or more.
And, these are just basic repairs. What if the house was in worse condition? Maybe it needs new windows; maybe a roof?
A roof: $10,000- $15,000.
Can you picture this? After all these repairs are completed, you still have a renovated, old, previously lived-in, and maybe abused house.
Then, what's going to need attention, repair and dollars just a few years down the road?
How can that "old" house compete with a Brand New Certified Green Home that's Highly Energy Efficient, Healthy To Live In, and Hurricane Resistant build using sustainable building practices?
Don't be a risk taker.
Our homes actually let you live and enjoy the Florida lifestyle that you've anticipated... and, you won't be bothered with major or minor repair; just savings.