We Build Certified Green Homes. They Are Energy Efficient, Healthy To Live In.
Hurricane, Tornado, Fire Resistant, Sound Suppressant.
Build With Trust.
Florida Green Construction in Palm Coast, is now a Florida Certified Master Builder.
Florida Certified Master Builders are elite Home Builders, Remodelers and Commercial Contractors who are dedicated to excellence in building and client satisfaction. The builders who request certification hold themselves to a higher standard than required by the State of Florida for licensure. Florida Certified Master Builder (FCMB), created to help consumers find a builder they can trust.
SAVINGS! Our Certified Green homes are low-cost and economical for living, minimizing utility costs up to 70% compared to traditionally built homes. They have substantially lower insurance premiums. EPA Certified Energy Star homes, FPL Build Smart.
HURRICANE AND TORNADO resistant homes up to 200 mph, fire retardant up to 4 hours, sound suppressant homes. We build homes with super-insulated from both sides, steel rebar reinforced, poured concrete ICF walls. Wind mitigated roof and impact resistant windows will ensure that your home can save your family and your investment from natural disasters. Your family fortress!
HEALTHY INDOOR ENVIRONMENT. We build healthy to live-in homes. Homes are virtually impenetrable to outdoor air pollutants: allergens, contaminants, viruses, bacteria. They suppress noise from the outside and provide moisture and mold control. Combination of our insulation, Air Conditioning system, ventilation and the whole home in-duct air purifier make our homes free up to 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses. EPA Indoor airPLUS certified
AGING IN YOUR OWN HOME, NOT A NURSING HOME! Florida Green Construction strives to make that desire a reality for more people by helping seniors, their family members and their caregivers prepare their homes and their lives for successful aging in your own home
LUXURY LIVING AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE! Exclusive design and luxury interior features. Real wood cabinets, soft-close doors and drawers, granite countertops. Stainless steel kitchen appliances with exhaust hood to the outside. Tiled shower walls in the bathrooms. Luxury trim package. Tray ceilings with crown moldings per plan. Tile and laminate flooring. Covered porch and much more.
INCREASE RETURN ON YOUR INVESTMENT! In addition to being healthy and economical, Florida Green Construction build homes with sustainable construction technologies. This will keep your home competitive in the future housing market, with newly built homes. Buying a Green home, you are making the best investment for your family. Homes of the future at today's pricing!
Florida Green Construction is excited to receive an excellent review from "15 lightyears", the official certifier from Florida Green Building Coalition:
“We provide the Energy Rating and Green Certifications for all of their homes. For the past several years, it has been a pleasure working with Florida Green Construction.
Gene, Jeff and the entire rest of the team there really strive to build an exceptional product, from lot, to foundation, to roof. There are not many builders that maintain such a high level of specifications when concerning energy efficiency, water efficiency, indoor air quality, and durability.
As a matter of fact, all of their homes are built with the specifications to achieve the Platinum Level Certification, for sustainable building with the Florida Green Building Coalition Certification Program. This is an amazing feat!!”
Tim Smith "15 lightyears" | Chief Operating Officer
Florida Green Building Coalition Approved Certifying Agent.
EPA thanks Florida Green Construction, Inc. for its outstanding commitment to energy-efficient new Green homes.
Dear Gene Slone,
Vice-President of Florida Green Construction, Inc.
The U.S. EPA appreciates the contributions that Florida Green Construction, Inc. has made in support of the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. Through your partnership, you are helping homebuyers experience the peace of mind, quality, comfort, and value that come with living in an ENERGY STAR certified home.
The ENERGY STAR Certified Homes team
In 2018, Florida Green Construction, Inc. contributed: 13 ENERGY STAR certified homes
WE ARE A FLORIDA CERTIFIED MASTER BUILDER.
We build certified green homes. Highly energy efficient, healthy to live in. Hurricane & fire resistant.
|Susan *||2/ 2 /2||1,238 / 2,018|
|Susan w/office *||2/ 2 /office/2||1,408 / 2,136|
|Kate||3/ 2 /2||1,366 / 2,011|
|Denise *||3/ 2 /2||1,448 / 2,157|
|Daniella *||3/ 2 /2||1,502 / 2,242|
|Daniella II *||3/ 3 /2||1,608 / 2,355|
|Palm II||3/ 2 /2||1,741 / 2,481|
|Kayla *||4/ 2 /2||1,853 / 2,563|
|Kayla II *||4/ 3 /2||2,062 / 2,753|
|Lucy||3/ 2 / Den/2||1,911 / 2,726|
|Diane||3/ 2 /2||2,002 / 2,662|
|Lana||3/ 2 /Den /2||2,090 / 2,770|
|Megan||3/ 3 /2||2,135 / 3,028|
|Alisa||3/ 2 /2||2,174 / 3,095|
|Maria||3/ 2 /Den /2||2,400 / 3,278|
|Maria w/Bonus Room||3/ 3 /2||2,814 / 3,822|
|Amanda||3/ 2 /Den /2||2,700 / 3,678|
|Amanda w/Bonus Room||3/ 3.5 /Bonus /2||3,056 / 4,241|
|Birchwood||3/ 3 / Den/2||2,716 / 3,559|
|Birchwood 2 Story||4/ 4 / Den/2||3,228 / 4,152|
|TWO FAMILY HOMES (DUPLEXES)|
|Eva||5/4 /2||2,484 / 3,825|
|Renee||6/4 /4||2,632 / 3,966|
* Aging in Place Home package included. $6,000 value.
Energy Efficient Green Features Advantages
- From 9’4” up to 14’ high concrete block exterior walls per plan.
- Engineered and built in full compliance with all FHA/VA, state, local and hurricane requirements.
- Monolithic slab foundation, minimum 20-inch footers with at least two #5 rebar reinforcements.
- 3000 PSI fiber-mesh concrete to reduce cracking in all slabs.
- Wind Mitigated roof: no ridge vent, because of enclosed envelope design with the roof insulation.
- Engineered roof truss system withstands up to 140 mph wind with hurricane straps set in concrete walls.
- 7/16” OSB roof sheathing.
- 40 Mil. Self-adhering Peel & Seal underlayment applied under shingles for double protection from leaks.
- Mildew and fungus resistant, fiberglass dimensional roof shingles with 30-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Spray foam open cell roof insulation. 5 ½” above A/C areas and 3 ½” above garage. Applied directly to the bottom of the roof decking, reducing energy consumption.
- Maintenance free aluminum fascia and vinyl soffit
- Exterior walls finished with 2 layers of stucco
- Exterior walls coasted with 2 coats of high quality paint for long life and low maintenance
- Energy-efficient, Low-E, double pane, insulated, single hung, vinyl windows throughout
- Energy Star® 16 SEER central A/C system with heat pump (sized per plan)
- Whole home in-duct air purifier
- Constant fresh air flow from the outside. Returns in all bedrooms
- The combination of our Green Home technologies: insulation, Air Conditioning system, ventilation and the whole home in-duct air purifier kills up to 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses
- Low VOC interior & exterior paint
- Wood cabinets with choice of finish and color.
- Granite or Quartz vanity tops with under mount sinks and 4” back splash in all bathrooms
- Roman garden tub in Master Bath (per plan).
- Master Bath with recessed showers with tile walls (per plan).
- Secondary baths: steel tub with tile walls or fiberglass shower unit (per plan).
- Exhaust fan in all baths (per plan).
- Designer mirror over vanity cabinets
- Water efficient faucets, shower heads and elongated toilets.
- 36" or 42” solid wood kitchen cabinets per plan with choice of colors.
- Soft close & full extension drawers
- Controlled Blumotion hinges.
- Crown molding above kitchen cabinets
- Undermounted insulated stainless steel sink.
- Garbage disposal.
- Granite or Quartz counter tops with under mount sink and 4” back splash
- Pantry closet with light (per plan).
- Stainless steel Energy Star® appliances, vented outside microwave, dishwasher and glass top range.
- Water Efficient kitchen faucets with veggie spray.
- Ice maker water line to refrigerator.
- $1,000 builder allowance.
Comfort and Convenience
- On-Site planning meetings during construction and designing of interior.
- 2 exterior hose bibs for your convenience.
- 2 weatherproof outdoor electrical receptacles and GFI receptacles in kitchen, bathrooms and garage.
- Air supply in all walk-in closets.
- 200-amp electric service with copper distribution system.
- Pre-wired for up to 5 ceiling fans, 2 phones and 4 TV outlets per customer choice.
- Washer/Dryer hookup included.
- Dryer exhaust vent and washer water shut-off valve in laundry room.
- Top and bottoms of all doors painted to prevent swelling.
- Door chimes in house and porch.
- Dead bolt locks on all exterior doors.
- Smoke detectors with carbon monoxide censors and battery back-up installed.
- Brushed concrete driveway and front walks 25’ long by 16’ wide including apron.
- Two exterior garage coach lights.
- Pull down attic stairs with light in attic.
- Garage door opener with two remotes
Designer Features and Elegant Interiors
- Rounded drywall corners in all formal living areas.
- Orange peel-finish on all interior walls.
- Dramatic knockdown texture ceilings.
- Tray ceilings as per plan
- High quality door handle sets on all doors.
- Marble window sills throughout.
- 6’8” or 8’ (per plan) fiberglass solid insulated core front door.
- Semi-gloss paint on all wood trim.
- 6’8” feet interior doors or 8’ (per plan) interior door
- Tile Floors in foyer, kitchen, nook, bathrooms and laundry room.
- Laminate flooring in all other rooms.
- Ventilated shelving in all closets and pantry.
- Recessed can lighting per plan.
- $500 builder allowance for lighting fixtures.
- Site clearing up to 10,000 sq. ft. and fill dirt allowance of up to 20 loads.
- Subterranean termite treatment of the entire footprint of the home, under the slab and around exterior.
- Up to 5,000 sq. ft. Bahia sod.
- Drip line irrigation in all flower beds
- Culvert for the driveway if required.
- 1-year Builder Warranty
- 10 years Bonded Builders Structural Warranty.
- Transferable bond upon sale of home.
- 5- year manufacturers’ warranty on entire A/C system, compressor and heat pump.
- year manufacturer’s warranty on all major appliances
- 1-year renewable bond on soil termite treatment.
- Green Certifications
Upgrade to a safe home with ICF walls, a Luxury Fortress
- ICF Exterior Walls (insulated concrete form wall construction.) ICF steel rebar reinforced 4” poured concrete walls with 2 ½” expanded polystyrene insulation on both sides with up to R-29 insulation value.
- ICF exterior walls are capable of withstanding up to 200 mph winds and flying debris, fire resistant up to 4 hours and sound suppressant.
- Combination of ICF wall system, roof foam insulation, Energy Star® and WaterSense® or WaterStar® appliances and fixtures will save you up to 70% on your utility bills.
- Substantially lower insurance premiums!
Exclusive Garage Benefits with ICF walls!
- Finished and painted insulated garage walls
- Spray Foam open cell roof insulation above garage
- Insulated, hurricane resistant reinforced raised panel garage door.
- Prewire for generator
- Hurricane Shutters
- Impact Resistant Glass
- Solar Hot Water System with 80 Gallon Tank
- Gutters around the perimeter of roof
Aging in place upgrades
- Ramp front entry porch using concrete
- Ramp area from garage into home using concrete
- Access to rear lanai to be ramped with aluminum ramps
- Make all doors 36” when possible
- Accessible Bathroom. Master bathrooms should have enlarged showers 4’7” wide
- 36” entrance into showers
- Grab bars installed in bathrooms
- 2 separate vanities with one at standard height and one at Accessible height
- Removable & Adjustable Shower Heads
- Removable ADA approved seat in shower
- Bypass closet doors on closets instead of bifold
- Paint Home with Soothing
- Front load washer and dryer on a 12” raised platform/ shelf
- Front mounted controls on the stove/ range
- Countertop microwaves
- Lighting under the wall cabinets
- Pull out shelves in lower kitchen cabinets
- ADT or Home alarm system / life alert system for the home.
- Recommended Upgrade to Propane Generator to power home if electricity goes out